Hey 521 Groupies,
Although the project Dr. Abed shared with us is enticing, I am still intrigued by doing something closer to our discipline and consequently using this as a springboard for post-masters work.
As the Doctor suggested, we need to be sure there are options (Plan Bs). After class last night, I kept turning ideas over in my head. If for no other reason, I couldn’t believe I, we, were incapable of coming up with a field-related topic. In the end some ideas came to me that I believe can work.
|
| Dr. Karen L. List Phone 860 561-6631 |
Karen List is out of the office this week. I will send her an e-mail between today or tomorrow, based on your commentary (see below), on the possibility of developing something for the following subjects or if she has any input:
1) Classroom management.
a) Some specific information we would need is whether or not
b) If so, does she see this as a sponsorable project?
c) If not, would this be an opportunity to develop this area?
d) If c were the case, is it attractive or daunting for us as a team?
e) If we were to undertake this subject, specific parameters would need to be put into place – specific classroom methodology or selected techniques. Due to the limitations on the project of time and space it might even be an introduction, to be developed further if met approvingly.
2) Medical response, procedures and practices for the classroom teacher.
a) Different situations the teacher can find him/her self in the classroom.
b) The correct actions to be taken.
c) Follow up.
The latter project could be in interesting melding of the Doctor’s project and a field with which we are involved.
In any event, please provide some feedback. I will put this document up on Google Docs. Before I send out the e-mail to Karen, I will put it up on Google Docs as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment