Hello,
Tough decision. David, you brought up some good suggestions. I could see the benefit to both.
Classroom Management: This could be geared toward new/first year teachers. Classroom management is a personal style, however we could provide various techniques/models, guidelines, simulations, scenarios. In terms of making it multimedia...I could see us utilizing a lot of video, perhaps PDF, perhaps a game. In terms of adaptivity, the teacher could choose the model that interests him/her and then in turn the models would be chunked into the aforementioned sections.
Medical Response: I don't know about you, but at the beginning of every school year, the school staff has to attend a Bloodborne Pathogens meeting given by the school nurse. It is the most boring meeting. She just stands at the podium, gives us a pamphlet and pretty much reads it to us; there are some visuals-such as the Heimlich maneuver and how to properly use an Epi pen. We then have to take a multiple choice quiz afterwards. This option seems interesting, however I think we may be limited to: vomitting, some bleeding, perhaps choking, allergic reactions (especially nuts!) and perhaps on rare occassions seizures. I know th teachers can't do much in terms of treatment(at least at our school): wear gloves, call the nurse, give the student an epi pen (if it is with him/her), do the heimlich.
The medical response option seems interesting, but I think we may be limited (since a teacher's options are limited). If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the classroom management. The CABLE option is also very enticing,interesting, and scary since it poses challenges and is a field that I am not educated in whatsoever. I could see this option giving us a variety of opportunities to show off our skills.
I don't have my mind made up yet. It is not a decision that I want to take lightly since we will be emmersed in it for five or more months. What are your thoughts and opinions?
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment