Saturday, February 21, 2009

Plan B's's

Hey all!

I have sat down several times over the last couple of days to write this post, and when I get there, just cant seem to get my thoughts in order, so I apologize if this post ends up scattered (or unintelligible...

1) The classroom management option: I would think we would definitely need to target 3 or 4 specific techniques / styles / methods to make this work. It might be possible to set up a "pre-test" that would then help to determine which style to introduce the user to first based on compatibility - that would definitely be some points for individualization and adaptability. Styles could then be presented as they apply to some specific situations (dramatizations on video). We could also organize it so that a user could see the same situation being dealt with in different methods side-by-side for comparison. There are definitely some possibilities here for exploration, though I would have to learn some myself about management styles as I dont know much offhand about them.

2) I agree with Lisa's comments on the medical response in the classroom ideas. On the one hand, having a limited number of scenarios to chose from could help us narrow the field for cases to present, but would it be too limited? I know in our school, they want everything to go through the nurse beyond a simple band-aid, etc.

3) I am still intrigued by the CABLE idea and have the following thoughts: While the topic seems daunting, it does seem that much of the content, including video, etc. would already be in place, reducing a certain amount of the production workload. According to the write-up, they already have a successful program in place for the police training, so we would have a sort of model to work from as well. I am not saying any of this to imply that I think this project would be easy, but advantages such as these might help to offset the apparent scope and gravity of the project. It is also possible that our previous bi-lingual idea could come into play here as well, with the high percentage of spanish-speaking residents in CT...?

I guess if I was voting at this point, I would put the CABLE project first, with the classroom management project a close second, especially considering some of the possibilities for individualization, and the classroom medical response idea third. 

How would you all like to proceed? Even though we are not decided yet, I think it would still be good to get a proposal written for this week's class. I might even start writing up a proposal for multiple possibilities so that Dr. Abed could respond to them.

Thoughts?

Dave (M)

No comments:

Post a Comment